Rotisserie Central
April 19, 2019, 07:17:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our little forum has been overrun with spammers lately. To register, please write to Forum (at) AuspitBBQ.com, letting us know what you would like your ID to be.   For more info about Auspit see www.AuspitBBQ.com.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ribs?  (Read 7830 times)
JonnyRotisserie
Chief Kangaroo, Auspit North America
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2009, 10:08:48 PM »

Hey Neutz, didn't you mention you had cooked ribs on your Auspit?  How did it turn out?  Can you post a picture of what that looks like and any rib tips you might be able to offer others?

--JonnyRotisserie
Nuetz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 05:12:57 PM »

No picture's =( wehn I cook them again I will take some pictures. as far as how they turned out they were GREAT they had a refreshingly  nice crunchy outside and and perfectly juicey and moist on the inside.
JonnyRotisserie
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 08:26:16 PM »

Hey Neutz,

At Nashville's Music City BBQ festival I tried doing ribs for the first time.  Boy it was good.  The Char-Broil guys were handing out samples of a new McCormick's rub called "Chipotle Cinnamon" which sounded perfect for ribs.  It was.  I pulled the membrane off the back like you suggested.  I also gave it a spray of apple juice like you suggested a couple times during the cooking to keep the outside nice and moist.  Do you put anything else in the spray canister or just apple juice?  I think I did them in about 3 hours over a hickory wood provided by BBQ competition neighbors the "Peg Leg Porkers".  Like you said, crispy skin and juicy meat.  Mmmm...  It was so easy and good that I can see myself doing that a lot more often. I wish I had pictures that could do it justice. Next time...

--JonnyR
JonnyRotisserie
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 07:22:53 PM »

To continue that thought, by the lake yesterday I tried that above mentioned McCormick's Cinnamon Chipotle rub on some beef ribs over a fire pit. They also came out truly fantastic.   I didn't have access to firewood, so ended up using lump hardwood charcoal and some hickory chunks, most of which I soaked in water so that they would give off extra smoke.  I have attached a picture of the rub in case anyone is curious.  I strongly recommend it for ribs!

Paul B

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 03:37:45 PM »

Jon, you really need to get a camera and keep it with you!!!! Grin Grin

Paul B
SS UDS
SS Auspit
SS ROL

Paul B
SS UDS
SS Auspit
smokemaster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 06:05:00 PM »

Yo, did a rib cook today and man they came out great.  Once again here is the link. http://www.utahbbq.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3347
Paul B

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 06:25:51 PM »

Man do I ever have to try that!!!!!

Paul B
SS  UDS

Paul B
SS UDS
SS Auspit
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: