Rotisserie Central
April 19, 2019, 07:39:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our little forum has been overrun with spammers lately. To register, please write to Forum (at) AuspitBBQ.com, letting us know what you would like your ID to be.   For more info about Auspit see www.AuspitBBQ.com.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: acorn squash  (Read 4112 times)
JonnyRotisserie
Chief Kangaroo, Auspit North America
Administrator

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2009, 07:06:51 AM »

Well I tried a couple new things for the first time last night while camping out.  I ran the main rotisserie spit through an acorn squash and let it do its thing over the campfire.  Once it became a bit tender, I added a short Squeezeloc Spike to keep it in place.  The outside became black and crispy and the inside meat separated from the skin and was delectably soft.  It would have been great to have a little salt or butter to add, but it was actually really tasty all on its own.  I can't say I recall how long it took, but it seemed like it was not much more than an hour.  It made for a real neat alternative to things I tend to cook while camping.    I wish I could say my sweet potato attempt came out as good.  I did them in the Spitmate.  I think I diced them thinner than I should and cooked them longer than I should and they became a bit dried out.  Any suggestions?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: