Rotisserie Central
November 17, 2019, 12:27:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our little forum has been overrun with spammers lately. To register, please write to Forum (at) AuspitBBQ.com, letting us know what you would like your ID to be.   For more info about Auspit see www.AuspitBBQ.com.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cajun Game Hen  (Read 5524 times)
JonnyRotisserie
Chief Kangaroo, Auspit North America
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2010, 04:43:45 AM »

While traveling cross country, I stopped here and there to cook up some tasty treats.  While by a bayou near New Orleans, due to it being dark before I got started, I ended up using the campfire ring rather than the beauty shot with the alligator in the background I would have preferred.

As I was in the heart of Cajun country, there was no way to go other than Cajun style. I used hickory-smoked bacon to try and do a more modest male and female variation of the  famous Lemon Implants Chicken I spotted on the BBQ Brethren forum (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=929735&postcount=48). Visually it did not really work out, but boy it added some nice flavor, so thanks very much "Thirdeye" for that idea!
Next, on went the Cajun rub and off to the mixed-wood fire they went. On the side, I prepared a crawfish cream sauce using crawfish tails, heavy cream, lots of garlic, some parmesan cheese and plenty of Cajun spice.

To make sure the meal had a vegetable, I rounded out the dish with some tasty Zapp’s Voodoo Gumbo potato chips. You gotta love the little voodoo dolls on the package.

While ridiculously delicious, this plated photo admittedly looks atrocious.  I'll have to figure out how to present this dish better, because I will definitely be repeating it. 
Paul B

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 06:02:13 AM »

Nice lookin grub there Jon....

Paul B
SS UDS
SS Auspit
SS ROL

Paul B
SS UDS
SS Auspit
Pages: [1]   Go Up