Rotisserie Central
April 19, 2019, 07:20:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our little forum has been overrun with spammers lately. To register, please write to Forum (at) AuspitBBQ.com, letting us know what you would like your ID to be.   For more info about Auspit see www.AuspitBBQ.com.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I finally did it.....used the auspit  (Read 4979 times)
Paul B

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2010, 11:56:14 AM »

Yup....pics to follow later.........

Paul B
SS UDS
SS Auspit

Paul B
SS UDS
SS Auspit
Paul B

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 02:23:57 PM »

Here they are:

These chick were  cooked over oak collected out in the woods where I was camping at hunt camp in Georgia, USA.  The last pic is of a gizmo that I found at Wally World.  I will use it when I really load up the Auspit.  It is a hotdog skewer rest.  My use will be on the oppsite end of the spit motor to give it some support when needed.

The chicks had just a hint of oak smokie flavor and were the most tender and juicey I have ever had!!!! Grin.

I need to figure out what I am going to cook next using this new find in my back yard.  Almost looks made to order for the Auspit.  

Paul B
SS UDS
SS Auspit
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 02:28:35 PM by Paul B » Logged

Paul B
SS UDS
SS Auspit
KnucklHed BBQ

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 02:01:35 PM »

Looks good man!

I'll have to post some of my goodies up here too!
JonnyRotisserie
Chief Kangaroo, Auspit North America
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 05:42:57 PM »

Hey Paul,

Nice looking chix!  Thanks for sharing!  One advantage I see about your raised fire pit is the not-burning-the-grass part.  With my fire pit, I have ungracefully burned a disk shape in a lawn one time, and another time when I was careless with my stone tile placements under it (which help a lot) I still managed to brown a few spots.  Fire pits can really throw some heat below them and need to have a serious buffer between them and grass.  Yours looks high enough that it wouldn't matter what you have under it.

I have the advantage of cooking at trade shows where I keep one piece of meat turning for as long as I can get away with.  What that means is that I can tell you the difference between what a 2-hr chicken and a 6-hr chicken can be.  Want more smokey flavor?  In my book, the longer you go the more you get.  I have heard that this is not necessarily the case for certain meats where the skin gets sealed off, and I am no food materials scientist, but in my book the chicken just keeps taking on more smokey goodness. 

As a nice shortcut, I love doing game/cornish hens.  The smoke goes right through them and they cook up fast.  Stuff with a lemon and fresh herbs...mmmm....

Regarding cooking times, etc., sometimes I think it is a wonder that anyone ever gets pictures of their finished product or knows how long it was on.  Those beers somehow have a way of getting in the way of scientific pursuits...

--Jonny Rotisserie
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: