Rotisserie Central
June 26, 2019, 09:25:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Our little forum has been overrun with spammers lately. To register, please write to Forum (at) AuspitBBQ.com, letting us know what you would like your ID to be.   For more info about Auspit see www.AuspitBBQ.com.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bread recipe testing  (Read 3610 times)
JonnyRotisserie
Chief Kangaroo, Auspit North America
Administrator

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2009, 12:08:24 AM »

In pursuit of the perfect Auspit bread recipe, I recently tried a few different cooking variations.

While I have done bread in the Spitmate before, this time I also tried simultaneously skewering some of the dough like a piece of meat.  The first few spins were a little touch and go as to whether it would stay on or make a run for the fire.  Soon though, the surface formed the beginning of the crust and the dramatic intrigue diminished. 

Interestingly, the external skewered dough cooked considerably faster than that inside the Spitmate.  Both turned out great, though.

When cooking bread in the Spitmate, one suggestion is to position the Spitmate hanging off the end of the spit bar, which gives you more clearance inside the chamber.

--Jonny Rotisserie
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: